Skip to content

Payments not being processed properly

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting
I've set a really low cost per recipient and I dont think its being processed properly by either Sendy or Paypal. Ben is better than paypal at support so I'm trying here first :)

Heres how I've input the costs

And heres the number of sends

And heres the bill from PayPal

As you can see, the delivery fee is added correctly, but not the cost per recipient. The paypal bill should be £1.74. Any idea whats going on?

Comments

• Hi Alex,

0.004 cents is too low. You need to set at least one cent. When you set anything lower than one cent, it'll be counted as zero.

Ben
  • BenBen
    edited December 2012
    Ben is better than paypal at support so I'm trying here first :)
    By the way, thank you!
  • Is this something you can help with in later versions? I'm trying to pass on our savings to clients but setting the cost per recipient at £0.1 will make us several times more expensive than for example, mailchimp pay as you go
  • Hi Alex, yes I've put it on the list. :)
  • £0.1 would be 10p you could set it at 0.01 or was that an error and that's what you meant?
  • @Kode - Alex needs to be able to use a value less than 0.01. :)

@alexbuckland Please change one line in these 2 files (see instructions below) and it'll work for you :)

/includes/create/main.php
    In line 87,
    change return number_format($row[$val], 2, '.', '');
    to return number_format($row[$val], 3, '.', '');

/js/create/main.js
    In line 143,
    change , 2, '.', ',')
    to , 3, '.', ',')

This will be on the next update so you don't have to worry about managing the next update.

Hope this helps! :)
  • There is one thing to note regarding how PayPal handles this. PayPal does not handle the 3rd decimal number.

For example:

0.001 will become 0.00 in PayPal payments page

0.01 will remain as 0.01.

But the good thing is that Sendy will now take into account the 3rd decimal number so it'll add up to at least 1 cent if there are 10 recipients. For your case, it'll take 3 recipients to make 1 cent+ as your cost per recipient is 0.004.
  • Splendid. Thanks alot for the great support Ben :)
This discussion has been closed.