Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Duplicates getting through when importing per line
  • Hey,

Looks like the option for importing: "Add name and email per line" , allows duplicates.

I found another thread where you mention the remove-duplicates page, so no biggie. But I'm assuming this is a bug.

Thanks,
    Dan Brooks
  • 8 Comments
  • Been having the same issue still, since inception.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen
    Hi @danbrooks @derivativemedia,

Do you mean import "per line"? The last time I tested, it doesn't import duplicate though.

I just tested again to confirm. I imported these lines to a new list:

test1,test1@test.com
    test2,test2@test.com
    test3,test3@test.com

I then added these lines again to the same list but it does not import them again. Hence, no duplicates are going through.

@danbrooks @derivativemedia Perhaps you can PM me a sample of the lines you've previously imported that allowed duplicates to go through?

Thanks!

Ben
  • Hey Ben,

Have figured out what's going on, it happens when there are extra spaces around the email.

In subscribers/line-update.php, it's doing the duplicate lookup before the trim()'s which happen later. I've added this to line 38, fixes things up:

$email = trim($email);

- Dan
    Thanks @Dan! I'll fix this in the next update.
  • @danbrooks, What does that exactly do ? Just allow for spaces around the email when it imports so it filters duplicates?
  • @derivativemedia - yeah, it makes sure to remove any extra whitespace around the email first, before looking for it in the database. I created my list for testing, using PHP, and had a space after the comma, which then became part of the email when looking for it in the database e.g. Bob Bobover, test@example.com
  • Thanks, it works!

The latest version 1.1.4 has been released addressing this issue.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions