Skip to content

Unsubscribe tag not working in double opt in confirmation email

edited November 2014 in Troubleshooting

Hi, I am trying to add the [unsubscribe] tag to the confirmation email. No matter how I try to add it (I tried all the forms and ways that are explained in the forums) it comes up as simple text.

What am I doing wrong?

In inserted the [confirmation_link] tag in the first confirmation email and works fine, but struggling with the [unsubscribe] one.

Comments

• Hi,

[unsubscribe] tag does not work in confirmation emails. It is redundant to have an unsubscribe link in confirmation emails because the user aren't 'confirmed' to be a subscriber yet, hence the confirmation email in which they need to click the confirmation link to become a 'subscriber'.

In other words they aren't a subscriber yet so they can't 'unsubscribe' if they aren't a subscriber yet. If they don't want to be in your mailing list as a subscriber they can simply not click the confirmation link. That is what the confirmation email and confirmation link is for.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited November 2014

Hi Ben, thanks

I have now tried the unsubscribe tag in an email out and is still not working. If you have an email address you can give me I will send you one so you can see for yourself. I have tried all options, but still no luck.

Cheers,
    Ignacio.

• Oops, it seems to be working now. Sorry :)

This discussion has been closed.