Skip to content

Review bounces?

edited December 2014 in Questions

Hi - Sendy is working well for me and everything seems to be in order. I recently processed a batch of users that we "opted in" in person and added them to the list in one shot - and (as expected, to some extent) the next email we sent had a higher bounce rate than usual.

I'm trying to account for exactly what the issue is (typo, something about the email or sender that is blocked by a host, etc.) and it occurs to me that it would be great to spot-check some specific bounce messages. It doesn't look like these are available either in Sendy or in Amazon SES.

So my Q: am I just missing this - is it possible to review the bounce messages our recipient's servers are sending when email bounces?

Second Q: I have read that "Bounces" in Sendy refers to hard bounces in which no email address exists. What happens to "mailbox full" or other soft bounces in Sendy with SES? It's far from clear to me how these are handled.

Comments

• Hi,

There are only 2 types of bounces 'hard' and 'soft' bounces. If an email is flagged as 'Bounced' in your list, it is a hard bounce. A hard bounce means the email does not exist or no longer exist.

What happens to "mailbox full" or other soft bounces in Sendy with SES? It's far from clear to me how these are handled.

You can do a search for 'soft bounce' in this forum and you'll find lots of information.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.