Skip to content

How do I access (copy/paste) the actual header information so I can run it through SpamCheck?

edited December 2012 in Questions

I would like to test some emails through SpamCheck so I can access SpamAssassin through a GUI and get the score. It says to paste the email with full headers and content. How/where do I see the headers to copy/paste it?

Comments

• BenBen
    edited December 2012

Hi @vincentpolisi,

Where to get headers/content information varies across email clients.

In Gmail, it's Show original:

I'm using Sparrow Mail, it's under View source:

Where to get headers/content information depends on your email client. You may want to do a Google search to see where to get the data for your email client.

Thanks.

Ben

• OK, so I need to send a test message to myself, then view source, then run it through the SpamCheck? Isn't that send from SES going to represent a potential issue if the SpamAssassin score is high? In other words, the purpose here is to check emails BEFORE I send them through SES to ensure I don't have an issue since some of them are going to contain spam flagged keywords like credit, even though they aren't spam messages and are being sent to a bona fide double opt-in list of paying subscribers. The point is, I have never had any issue with Aweber or MailChimp despite the credit keywords because the recipients want the emails and never mark them as spam since they are paying for them. The SES forum indicates that SES runs things through SpamAssasin prior to or during send. Maybe I am over thinking it. I just don't want to create unnecessary issues because some bot suspends my account despite no spam complaints.

• OK, so I need to send a test message to myself, then view source, then run it through the SpamCheck? Isn't that send from SES going to represent a potential issue if the SpamAssassin score is high?

I don't think Amazon SES will ban your account indefinitely because you sent 1 email to yourself to get the headers in order to test on SpamCheck.

Lastly, I'd recommend posting on Amazon SES forums to get answers regarding delivery/spam etc. Amazon's representatives will be the best people to answer questions with regards to their scope of work.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.