Skip to content

Opens and clicks are not being tracked

I sent my first Sendy campaign today, and it was delivered to 9,487 contacts. But zero opens and zero clicks are showing in the Campaign report, which I know is impossible. Here is a link to the HTML I used: http://www.gvgassets.com/scenic/freeguide/ScenicCruises_MicrositeEmail_gg.html

Comments

• Hi,

Did you also send the campaign to yourself? If so, when you open the email, does it register as 'opened' in the report? If you click a link, does it register as a 'click' in the report?

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hello Ben, no, for this campaign I did not add myself. However the landing page that the email links to is seeing visitors and conversions, and there is currently no other marketing activity directing visits there. I can test another chunk of 10k tomorrow and add myself to the list for testing. I will let you know how that goes.

• Hello again Ben, I tested again today and this time included myself. It seems none of the links are working. They work when I test the campaign, but the live campaign links go to a blank page, here is an example: http://www.voyagegiveaways.com/sendy/l/8Vx4qAH6BQsddKL892nMEhtQ/T8mcpTg6VK763seuScu7tfZw/QjpnpvT9HnN5QZTwTPyFZg

• That's strange and something I have never seen before.

What hosting server are you on? Did you setup the LAMP stack yourself or is it a shared or VPS server?

Also, what's in the contents of your Sendy .htaccess file on your server?

• edited January 2015

I'm using GoDaddy Linex cPanel. I just found a bunch of these in the error log as well:

[Fri Jan 16 17:51:20.526581 2015] [autoindex:error] [pid 447:tid 139717777504000] [client 75.97.37.144:50996] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/simm/public_html/voyagegiveaways.com/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,index.shtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html,welcome.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

My .htaccess file contents below, the only major change I had to make to get it to work with GoDaddy was switching "-MultiViews" to "+MultiViews", and setting the RewriteBase directory.

ErrorDocument 404 "[404 error] If you're seeing this error after install, check this FAQ for the fix: http://sendy.co/troubleshooting#404-error"

Options +FollowSymlinks +MultiViews

RewriteEngine On
     RewriteBase /public_html/voyagegiveaways.com/sendy
     RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
     RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
     RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9-]+)$ $1.php [L]

# Link tracker
     RewriteRule ^l/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ l.php?i=$1 [L]

# Open tracker
     RewriteRule ^t/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ t.php?i=$1 [L]

# Web version
     RewriteRule ^w/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ w.php?i=$1 [L]

# unsubscribe
     RewriteRule ^unsubscribe/(.*)$ unsubscribe.php?i=$1 [L]

# subscribe
     RewriteRule ^subscribe/(.*)$ subscribe.php?i=$1 [L]

• BenBen
    edited January 2015

In Sendy's .htaccess file:

1. Delete the line Options +FollowSymlinks +MultiViews.
    2. And change RewriteBase /public_html/voyagegiveaways.com/sendy to RewriteBase /sendy

Best regards,
    Ben

• That did it! Thank you so much for your assistance.

This discussion has been closed.