Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Opens and clicks are not being tracked
  • I sent my first Sendy campaign today, and it was delivered to 9,487 contacts. But zero opens and zero clicks are showing in the Campaign report, which I know is impossible. Here is a link to the HTML I used: http://www.gvgassets.com/scenic/freeguide/ScenicCruises_MicrositeEmail_gg.html

• 7 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi,

Did you also send the campaign to yourself? If so, when you open the email, does it register as 'opened' in the report? If you click a link, does it register as a 'click' in the report?

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hello Ben, no, for this campaign I did not add myself. However the landing page that the email links to is seeing visitors and conversions, and there is currently no other marketing activity directing visits there. I can test another chunk of 10k tomorrow and add myself to the list for testing. I will let you know how that goes.

• Hello again Ben, I tested again today and this time included myself. It seems none of the links are working. They work when I test the campaign, but the live campaign links go to a blank page, here is an example: http://www.voyagegiveaways.com/sendy/l/8Vx4qAH6BQsddKL892nMEhtQ/T8mcpTg6VK763seuScu7tfZw/QjpnpvT9HnN5QZTwTPyFZg

That's strange and something I have never seen before.

What hosting server are you on? Did you setup the LAMP stack yourself or is it a shared or VPS server?

Also, what's in the contents of your Sendy .htaccess file on your server?

• I'm using GoDaddy Linex cPanel. I just found a bunch of these in the error log as well:

[Fri Jan 16 17:51:20.526581 2015] [autoindex:error] [pid 447:tid 139717777504000] [client 75.97.37.144:50996] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/simm/public_html/voyagegiveaways.com/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,index.shtml,default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html,welcome.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

My .htaccess file contents below, the only major change I had to make to get it to work with GoDaddy was switching "-MultiViews" to "+MultiViews", and setting the RewriteBase directory.

ErrorDocument 404 "[404 error] If you're seeing this error after install, check this FAQ for the fix: http://sendy.co/troubleshooting#404-error"

Options +FollowSymlinks +MultiViews

RewriteEngine On
     RewriteBase /public_html/voyagegiveaways.com/sendy
     RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
     RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
     RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9-]+)$ $1.php [L]

# Link tracker
     RewriteRule ^l/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ l.php?i=$1 [L]

# Open tracker
     RewriteRule ^t/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ t.php?i=$1 [L]

# Web version
     RewriteRule ^w/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ w.php?i=$1 [L]

# unsubscribe
     RewriteRule ^unsubscribe/(.*)$ unsubscribe.php?i=$1 [L]

# subscribe
     RewriteRule ^subscribe/(.*)$ subscribe.php?i=$1 [L]

In Sendy's .htaccess file:

1. Delete the line Options +FollowSymlinks +MultiViews.
    2. And change RewriteBase /public_html/voyagegiveaways.com/sendy to RewriteBase /sendy

Best regards,
    Ben

• That did it! Thank you so much for your assistance.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions