Skip to content

Couple Suggestion

edited December 2012 in Suggestions

1.Sendy is great product but lets face it amazon can shut down your account very easy even if you do not send spam emails no matter if you have double or single optin list.... i know it happen to many friends and my suggestion is to add more than one SMTP option.
For example some SMTP services will not allow marketing emails (including amazon SES) and some allow so here is a list that should be a must for any email marketing newsletter.
critsend.com
elasticemail.com
sendgrid.com
mailgun.com
smtp.com

No all the time the price matter and i suggest to open this software for any audience not only for amazon ses users. Also allow PHP mail function.

1. Another suggestion is to make easy way send the same newsletter to unopened emails. (as a marketer i know my numbers and this is a must)
  2. Split Testing option

I can tell these features are a must for any email marketing software and i hope to see them very soon.
By the way do you have skype....i want to have a private discussion with you?

Regards
Catalin

Comments

• Hi @tycefx,

You can already use SMTP in Sendy, as well as send emails via your server (though not recommended).

To use SMTP for any brand, edit the brand and you'll be able to enter SMTP settings for each brand. Though, Sendy is designed for Amazon SES, emails sent via SMTP will not enjoy multi-threading and auto-resume.

If no AWS credentials is entered in Settings, SMTP will be used. If SMTP settings aren't available as well, Sendy will default to use the server (PHP mail) to send your newsletter(s).

Sendy is great product

Thank you, I appreciate it!

but lets face it amazon can shut down your account very easy even if you do not send spam emails no matter if you have double or single optin list

Even though Amazon SES may suspend your account for undisclosed reasons, there must be a valid reason behind this action. I'm pretty sure there are various factors for Amazon to determine whether they should ban an account. There are users who send hundreds of thousands of marketing emails regularly but did not get suspended. Though, if you think Amazon banned your account by mistake, I'd recommend requesting support from Amazon SES representatives via the Amazon SES forum. I also recommend reading the Amazon Best Practice Guide so you can get a clue why Amazon ban accounts. On the flip side, it'd be disastrous if an email service provider does not ban accounts with suspicious activities. The lower the reputation of an email service provider, the lower the deliverability rate of all users using this email service provider.

some SMTP services will not allow marketing emails (including amazon SES)

This is certainly not true. Many of our customers send marketing emails and they did not get banned. In fact, most people buy Sendy and use Amazon SES for marketing emails. What's the use of a bulk email service provider if you cannot send marketing emails? The following screenshot is taken from Amazon SES's front page:

By the way do you have skype....i want to have a private discussion with you?

I only communicate through email and this forum for now.

Thanks!

Ben

• Thanks for fast response Ben
    What i mean by multiple SMTP is to choice one of them not only Amazon SES
    For example i use my self hosted email with elasticemail.com and if i want to switch to Sendy i can't handle the bounce emails because Sendy use only amazon ses.
    Also on amazon SES is not easy to get approved ... i tried at least 4 times and they didn't approve my access to use on my marketing blog so amazon ses is not for everyone and i'm in marketing from about 5 years and i know what i'm talking about.

By the way do you do modifications if i pay extra ?
    Also if i want to order 100 licences do you provide any discount ?

Thanks

• BenBen
    edited January 2013

Hi @tycefx,

By the way do you do modifications if i pay extra ?

Unfortunately not at the moment, I currently do not provide customization services.

Also if i want to order 100 licences do you provide any discount ?

Yes, email me at hello @ sendy dot co

Thanks.

Ben

• Can you clarify what, "multi-threading and auto-resume" are and the benefits? Thanks!

• Hello, I would like to know if we can't use the "ROUTE" features of Mailgun, to monitor bounces and complaints with Sendy.
    Mailgun Routes filter messages and trigger defined actions based on those filters. When a message is received, filter expressions (e.g., match_recipient() or catch_all()) can be defined to trigger actions, like forwarding the message to a URL or different email address. regular expressions can be used in the filter expressions.

Would it be possible for you to have a look into it and tell us what are the settings we need to have email sent Through Sendy via Mailgun, process the bounces.

regards

• Well you can still use HuBuCo to send emails via SMTP and still register your complaints and bounces. Read more: https://www.hubuco.com/support/sendy-webhook.html

• Hi, I am trying to use elasticemail.com as the SMTP provider, but I have some issues.
    When testing the newsletter, all seems fine, the added emails even if a list recieve the test mail perfectly... All links and all others are fine.
    Nevertheless when sending to a list, the sending does not start, seemingly does not send to SMTP from my end... as elastiemail.com reports does not show at all.

Is there any crontab settings I may be missing, the scheduled.php is set within only.

Thanks
    Frank

• You can use sendy with ESP's relay. Just the problem is with bounced records.