Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Import CSV not working - technical details inside
  • Vote Up0Vote Down leetharrisleetharris
    Posts: 2Sendy user

    Hello!

    I've got a Sendy installation that has been working great so far, but I'm trying to import a list and it's not working.

    Here's the server setup:

    • LAMP on Ubuntu 14.04
    • VPS with 2GB+ of RAM
    • memory_limit is at 256mb, max_upload and max_post are both at 300mb, max_execution is 600

    I've got a cron job setup properly for both automated sending and automated CSV importing. I've verified that they both work AND I've manually visited import-csv.php.

    When I upload the CSV, I see it pop up as a temp file in the csvs directory under uploads (usually named 1-2.csv). As soon as the cron runs or I manually visit the import-csv.php page, the CSV disappears.

    I cut the CSV into a 10 line file for a test and it failed to import as well. No errors that I can see in any logs, but I'm not sure if Sendy has its own logs as well.

    My status indicator next to the list just says (0%) in green text then fades after a minute or so.

    I'm a software engineer so feel free to get technical on me :)

    Thanks in advance!

  • 2 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen
    Posts: 3,572Sendy support

    Hi,

    You should never manually visit import-csv.php. It gives Sendy a false positive, your cron job may not be working but when you visit import-csv.php it makes Sendy think that the cron job executed the import-csv.php script. From then on when you import a CSV it'll be stuck at 0%.

    Send me your CSV file so I can check if it's an issue with your CSV, or your cron job is the issue.

    Thanks.

    Best regards,
    Ben

  • Vote Up0Vote Down leetharrisleetharris
    Posts: 2Sendy user

    Thanks for the help Ben.

    I was just visiting the page manually for debugging. I actually did some modifications first.

    It turned out that the problem was that one of the custom fields had data which was causing issues. I didn't have time to narrow it down, but it could be due to length as some of the column values for that custom field were pretty huge.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions