Skip to content

After install returns to installation page

edited January 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi,

I tried to install sendy on Godaddy and I received the following:

Server compatibility checklist

Your PHP version is 5.3.14 mod_rewrite is not enabled display_errors is turned off hash is enabled curl is enabled.

If you do not pass the compatibility test, either adjust your server settings via php.ini or check with your host. A search via Google for more information may help as well. :)

mod_rewrite mod_rewrite may not be detected especially if you're on a shared server. If the mod_rewrite item is yellow, you can still proceed to install Sendy. If you get a 500 internal server error or 404 page not found error after being redirected to the login page, mod_rewrite is not enabled on your server and you will need to request your host to enable it.

http://nyuwireless.com/sendy

Comments

• If the mod_rewrite item is yellow, you can still proceed to install Sendy

It means you can still go ahead and install Sendy.

If you get a 500 internal server error or 404 page not found error after being redirected to the login page, mod_rewrite is not enabled on your server and you will need to request your host to enable it.

It means if you get a 500 or 404 error after installing Sendy, mod_rewrite is not enabled and you need to request your host to enable it.

• edited January 2013

I contacted the host which is Godaddy and they alerted me that mod_rewrite is enabled. Every time i enter install information it brings me back to the install page.

• BenBen
    edited January 2013

Hi @alimxd1,

So your issue is that after installation it takes you back to the installation page. This has nothing to do with mod_rewrite because after installation, it did not take you to a 404 page after install as described in the instructions.

I just tried to access your installation URL and it can't connect to your database. I try to view your phpinfo but it results in a redirect loop. Something is wrong in your config.php file.

Please PM me your FTP login details so I can check.

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi @alimxd1,

I realize your domain, nyuwireless.com, is not registered with us.

You need to install Sendy on your licensed domain (the one your entered at checkout), otherwise you will not be able to install.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.