Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Failed to open stream: No such file or directory
  • Vote Up0Vote Down tzshngtzshng

Hey Ben,

I'm trying to install Sendy on a new server & new domain.
    It is in a subdomain, email.getclicks.com.my

I'm getting this error:

Warning: include(includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/getclick/public_html/email/includes/header.php on line 1

Warning: include(includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/getclick/public_html/email/includes/header.php on line 1

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'includes/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/getclick/public_html/email/includes/header.php on line 1

I tried a few things suggested on the forum.

• Download zip file from sendy
    • extract and upload to server
    • change filezilla setting to upload filetype as binary
    • upload the zip file, extract at the server.

So far no luck with googling Sendy forum. What can I do?

• 6 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi,

Is functions.php in the /includes/ folder?

Best regards,
    Ben

You're right, indeed it is not. But the server seems like automatically delete it or hide it.

I upload the file again, it disappear. after a few seconds. I create a new file, and then paste the code in the file, same thing happen.

What should I tell my hosting company to do so the file will stay in that directory? Any specific setting I need them to enable or disable it for me?

You'll need to contact your host on why your server keeps deleting the functions.php file you uploaded to /includes/ folder.

Best regards,
    Ben

Got it. The installed a server scanner, and the php file is detected as a potential virus, so the software remove it once I upload. Now it is exclude from the server.

So sorry that I'm bring so much trouble here, it shouldn't be because I've done it once. I really appreciate your patient for guiding me today.

But I encounter another error. [404 error] If you're seeing this error after install, check this FAQ for the fix: https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#404-error

The problem is that I haven't start the installation, it only redirect me to the _install.php.

I've tried to include "RewriteBase /" in the htaccess file in the installation folder, and also the root. No luck. I've check with host provider, the mod_rewrite is enable. I've tried all steps in the FAQ, I've no more clue to proceed.

_install.php is obfuscated just like functions.php. So I think the same thing is happening. You need to ask your host to stop your server from deleting _install.php and functions.php.

Hey Ben,

I appreciate your patient guide throughout the second installation. It works!

It is all because of my hosting company deploy a scanner that delete the file whenever I extract or upload.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions