Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Email marked as spam by a paying customer .. by accident
  • Vote Up0Vote Down sosaysjaysosaysjay

I have a customer who paid to receive an email series.

Halfway through the email sequence (it's an autoresponder) they marked one of the emails as 'spam' by accident (I followed up on them when I saw the spam complaint inside Sendy.)

People eh.. grr.

But what do I do now? They want to get the rest of the emails in the sequence. Can I "unspam" them, or is their email address no good any more?

Feels a bit hacky to ask them to sign up with a different email address, and then I go in and edit the timestamp .. hope that's not the solution!

Cheers,

Jordan

• 3 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi,

You can remove them from the 'suppression list' in your Amazon SES console. Login to your Amazon SES console and you'll find it on the left sidebar.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

And one more thing, in Sendy, to undo them from 'marked as spam' status, you'd need to login to Sendy's MySQL database via phpmyadmin, then go to subscribers table and find the email, then change the value of the complaint column from 1 to 0.

• Vote Up0Vote Down sosaysjaysosaysjay

Nice one Ben! All done. Guess the user may have missed a day or two from the sequence but I've asked them to let me know so I can forward whatever was missing.

Thanks for the help.

Jordan

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions