Skip to content

Email marked as spam by a paying customer .. by accident

edited July 2015 in Questions

I have a customer who paid to receive an email series.

Halfway through the email sequence (it's an autoresponder) they marked one of the emails as 'spam' by accident (I followed up on them when I saw the spam complaint inside Sendy.)

People eh.. grr.

But what do I do now? They want to get the rest of the emails in the sequence. Can I "unspam" them, or is their email address no good any more?

Feels a bit hacky to ask them to sign up with a different email address, and then I go in and edit the timestamp .. hope that's not the solution!

Cheers,

Jordan

Comments

• BenBen
    edited August 2020

Hi,

To convert the email address back to 'Active', first, visit the 'Suppression List Removal' page in your Amazon SES console to remove the email address:

Screenshot:  

Then convert the email address in Sendy back to 'Active' by either removing the email address from all lists it appears in, then add it back again. Or do the following:

1. Login to your Sendy database via phpmyadmin
    2. Search for the subscriber in subscribers table with the email, then change the value of complaint from 1 to 0

Best regards,
    Ben

• Nice one Ben! All done. Guess the user may have missed a day or two from the sequence but I've asked them to let me know so I can forward whatever was missing.

Thanks for the help.

Jordan

This discussion has been closed.