Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

CSV only imports after removing a few lines
  • Vote Up0Vote Down allanwallanw

OK like many others, try as i might I cannot get my CSV files to upload, i keep getting the same error:

"Number of columns in CSV does not match CSV format example (as shown below)."

Firstly, I split my 60K list into 6 10k files, so i can use each one within the 10k limit. Initially i was creating 3 extra custom fields, but when that didn't work I then tried with only Name and Email, but still no success. I then copied just 10 records from a file and pasted into a clean CSV file, all have Name and EMail with no comma after the email, exactly like so:

Alyssa Birley,a.jarilyn18@hoxxxxxil.com Annika Jarring,a.jarring@brxxxt.com Tony Johnson,a.johnson@shxxxxxld.ac.uk Ann Johnson,a.johnson280@ntxxxxld.com George Wright,27137@taxxxxxk.net Mohammed Eldewieh,2be4all@gmxxxl.com Marilyn Halstead,2becky@sxxxy.com Marie Bluts,2bluts@laxxxxte.net Martin Connolly,2mconnolly@eixxxxxm.net Martyn Wells,2mrwells@gooxxxxail.com

But it still does not work and i get the same error. Weirdly, if i delete the last 5 from the above, it DOES work!! And yet i can see no difference between the first 5 and the last 5.

Please help and tell me why it's not formatted correctly - i've spent hours trying to figure this out!!

thanks Allan

• 5 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi @allanw,

Please PM me a download link to your CSV file so that I can try it on my side.

Thank you.

Ben

Hi Ben

Not sure how to PM you on here... and also, our data is private so i can't send you the whole 10k file.

Below are a sample of 10 records for you to try:

Alyssa Birley,a.jarilyn18@hoxxxxxil.com
    Annika Jarring,a.jarring@brxxxt.com
    Tony Johnson,a.johnson@shxxxxxld.ac.uk
    Ann Johnson,a.johnson280@ntxxxxld.com
    George Wright,27137@taxxxxxk.net
    Mohammed Eldewieh,2be4all@gmxxxl.com
    Marilyn Halstead,2becky@sxxxy.com
    Marie Bluts,2bluts@laxxxxte.net
    Martin Connolly,2mconnolly@eixxxxxm.net
    Martyn Wells,2mrwells@gooxxxxail.com

or if you tell me how to PM i can send you a larger list of 100 as a CSV for you to try.

cheers
    Allan

Hi @allanw,

I can import all 10 though:

Ben

thanks Ben - i copied and pasted the 10k into the "Add email per line" box and this worked... still puzzled as to why it failed on the CSV before though

You're welcome. I'm not sure why, probably something to do with the unobfuscated emails, the ones that I have been provided are obfuscated and I don't have your full CSV file so I can't really pinpoint the issue.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions