Skip to content

Multithreading option?

APGAPG
edited February 2013 in Questions

I've just changed of physical server (via FTP + PHPMyAdmin) and configured Apache 2 to be multithreaded (ie: installed MPM Worker instead of MPM Prefork) but noticed that Sendy is still not multithreaded (surprisingly, Sendy uses the process "php" instead of "php5-cgi" as does wordpress on the same server, I do not know why).

When I look at the source code, I can see that there are 2 switches: "$Multithread = false;". Is it enough to change these to "true" to have multithreaded activated?
Thanks

Comments

• Hi @APG,

Sendy uses curl_multi_* family of functions for multithreading. This is such that anyone can use Sendy without having to configure Apache to be multithreaded or do anything else.

Thanks.

Ben

• Thanks, it is an important point.

But then, why "$Multithread = false;"? Should I change it to true? Would it change something? (my sending speed is at 1 email/sec, even after an upgrade of server...)

• $Multithread = false; is the default state. This variable is set to true when you send out your campaign and curl_multi_* will be used.

• Ok, so my hypothesis about the speed (1 email/sec) was completely wrong.

Thanks again for your very quick answers, I'll see on monday morning if my upgrade of Apache changes something.

• Well, not so bad: I've returned to the speed I had a few weeks ago (2 emails/sec), but I imagine it's because this mail had less URLs to be transformed. Rem: I still have one process PHP (instead of PHP5-CGI) running at 15-27% during sending.

So I'm going to check if curl works correctly on my server and then make a fresh new install with the new version.

• I could not install the new version: I guess your security ("Domain will now be checked right before the installation page is loaded when visiting the installation page") worked: the install page sent me directly to the root of the server.

So I upgraded the current installation and it worked as transparently as possible: impressive! Thanks and congratulations!

• Great, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.