Skip to content

Image uploads from CKEditor not working correctly

edited March 2016 in Troubleshooting

So this has been driving me crazy for the last day or so. Anytime I try to upload an image using the WYSIWYG editor for Sendy it fails to work correctly. The images upload to the /uploads/ directory successfully and permissions are the correct 777 there. However the window in CKEditor for image upload doesn't switch from the upload tab back to the main tab having filled the image URL. It just stays on the upload tab with the Send to Server button and the filepicker option disappears.

I know this is my server's problem. I installed sendy locally to test it out in a clean environment and it worked perfectly. I reinstalled Sendy on my server with a fresh database and still it fails. There isn't a single PHP or JavaScript error that points to a smoking gun. Mostly just PHP warnings and notices that while troublesome aren't indicative of a real problem.

I know something is wrong with my server, but I'm at a loss for what that is and I'm hoping I'm not the first person to run into this problem. If anyone has an idea I'd be glad to give it a shot.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

Try checking your browser's developer console to see if there are any clues?

Best regards,
    Ben

• Nope, I checked there early on because I thought it had to be related to CKeditor.

• I fixed it Ben. I use cloudflare with my production servers and it turns out a feature they have in beta called rocketscript was interfering with CKEditor's JS.

This discussion has been closed.