Skip to content

Send stops after upgrade to 1.1.5.1

edited March 2013 in Troubleshooting

I just upgraded from 1.1.4.x to 1.1.5.1 and are now having problem with the auto resume when the sending stops. I have a cron job calling scheduled.php but it does not seem to work any longer. Any suggestion how to troubleshoot? Can any file permissions affect this?

Comments

• Hi @hakbj,

The sending script remains the same in 1.1.5.1, there are no changes.

1. What is the interval of your cron script? Is it every 5 mins? Can you verify that your hosting company allows you to use a 'every 5 mins' cron job?
    2. Are you on a shared server or VPS?
    3. What is the volume of emails you're sending to?

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi
    1) The interval is 5 min
    2) Shared server, which unfortunately is extremely slow
    3) Volume is ~6000. The time out happens after about 150 emails and it halts and the cron does not trigger it to resume. Manually calling scheduled.php does not either resume the send.

• Hi @hakbj,

Your server memory exhausted. If email marketing is important to you and you encounter problems like constant time outs and very slow sending speed, consider switching to a VPS.

On a shared server, you will be subjected to lots of restrictions like, your script cannot run for too long, your application cannot use too much resources, the resources like CPU and memory allocated to you will be very small and causes exhaustion of memory very quickly etc, all for the benefits of thousands of other users sharing the same server (hence the name, shared server).

I tested Sendy 1.1.5 on Amazon EC2 on the lowest tier and it sends out 15,000 emails in 11 minutes with no time outs.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.