Skip to content

How can I stop a URL within a newsletter from being converted to a "Sendy" link?

edited March 2013 in Questions

I'm trying to include links within some of my newsletter that have variables at the end, like:

domain.com/script.php??email=[Email]

BUT... the Sendy script converts my link into another URL and it loses the ability to pass the variable.

Is there a way to stop a particular URL from being converted. I understand that the conversion provides the click thru tracking, but on some URLS I could forgo tracking in exchange for leaving my variables alone.

Any suggestions?

Dan

Comments

• By the way... specifically, I need this URL fix in the auto-responders.

• edited March 2013

Hmmmm? In the autoresponder series, I'm using that format and they are converting to tracking links and dropping the variable.

• Just strange as heck. I must of tested this 20 times. It was converting links and not passing variable. But I knew it had to be working sometimes, because it collects subscribers names AFTER they opt-in and some names were showing up. But, 20 times on my own email and it was not passing variable. But, this last time #21... it worked. Weird. I'll keep my eye on it.

• BenBen
    edited March 2013

The URL in the href code will be converted to a trackable link, though wrapped, the entire URL will be preserved including the [Email] tag in the query string.

Any URLs outside the href code will not be converted to a trackable link.

This applies for both campaigns and autoresponders.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.