Skip to content

Amazon SES quota showing zeros

edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting

I just signed up the Sendy and installed it OK on Bluehost, but having an error for setting.
While setting, it shows Unable to get your SES quota from Amazon.
Out of 3 possibilities, the only thing I can think of is the Timezone - number 2.
I checked the support forum with the same problem and contacted the Bluehost, they advised me to add the timezone code - in my case North Virginia Eastern time, to PHP ini file.
I did that with the cPanel, but no change...
I really don't know what to do...
I have increased the quota to 50000 mails per day, here is the message:

Congratulations! After reviewing your case, we have increased your sending quota to 50,000 messages per day and your maximum send rate to 14 messages per second in AWS Region US East (N. Virginia). Your account has also been moved out of the sandbox, so you no longer need to verify recipient addresses.

I have set the IAM properly too.

Please help.

Comments

• BenBen
    edited May 2016

Hi,

It's not about "Timezone", the error message says your server clock may be out of sync with NTP and it has nothing to do with the server's "Timezone".

To ensure your server clock is in sync with NTP, contact your host to sync your server clock with NTP using the follow SSH command (they would know what to do):

sudo /usr/sbin/ntpdate 0.north-america.pool.ntp.org 1.north-america.pool.ntp.org 2.north-america.pool.ntp.org 3.north-america.pool.ntp.org

On another note, there are a lot of Sendy users using Bluehost without this issue. I suspect your IAM user wasn't given the correct permissions. I suggest triple checking Step 5 of the Get Started Guide (https://sendy.co/get-started) and not missing a single step inside. Copy and paste your IAM user and password credentials very carefully over to Sendy settings as well.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited May 2016

Ben,
    Thank you for your response. I reset the Amazon account and credentials, everything worked out fine.
    Thank you very much!
    Takashi Inohara

This discussion has been closed.