Skip to content

How-it-works clarification question..

edited March 2013 in Questions

Apologies if this is a long question, but I need to understand the best way to set this stuff up.

First Question

I have two companies "banana" and "apple".

I want to send email messages to separate campaign lists for each company - possible through the brands as I understand it.

I have a holding company called "orange" which is a known brand name and from which all our employees emails would be sent and received.

Is it better to set up a domain specifically for the purposes of transmitting the emails e.g "orange-marketing" rather than just using "orange" ?

I do NOT want our "orange" domain to get blacklisted for spamming so I'm thinking that I would not use "orange" as the originating domain.

Is it better to set up a transmitting domain for each brand e.g. "banana-marketing" and "apple-marketing" ?

Second Question

If I install Sendy on one of my internet facing boxes and connect it to SES. Which IP is registered as the originator of the email ? Amzon's or mine ?

Third Question

If I create a campaign and (say) choose 5000 subscribers where is the machine load generated ?
Does Sendy create and transmit 5000 emails through the SES SMTP server or does it bundle the messages up in some way and transmit to SES in another mechanism ?

Thanks for reading this far !

Jason

Comments

• Hi @buxtonmarauder

First Question

Your emails, no matter which domain they belong to will be sent from one Amazon SES account. It doesn't matter what domain you use to send emails. If one of your sending emails return too many bounces (5% or more), your Amazon SES account will be suspended and all your verified emails will not be able to send emails no matter what domain they belong to.

The bottomline is to read Amazon SES's best practices and follow them as much as possible in order not to be suspended http://media.amazonwebservices.com/AWS_Amazon_SES_Best_Practices.pdf

Second Question

Amazon's.

Third Question

Sendy transfers your messages to Amazon SES using curl_multi_exec.

Hope this helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.