Skip to content

Forget Password

edited October 2012 in Troubleshooting
Forget password does not send any emails out for password resetting at all. Is this a known issue?

Comments

• There's no issue with 'forget password'. Does your PHP installation have 'sendmail' enabled? If so, have you checked your spam folder?
  • That could be the issue. Is there anyway I can use what the campaign mailing uses for the forget password instead?
  • Alright, managed to force it to use SES to send for now. Yes, probably sendmail was not available.
  • Good to hear it works out by forcing it to use SES to send. Guess we'll have to code the script to send via SES if available then fallback to using sendmail in the next update. Thanks.
  • By the way, I managed to receive forgot passord emails for my verified emails. But not for non-verified emails. Is there a restriction/check that is making it behave so?
  • Apparently this is true. Would it be possible to not have this enforced, There could be situations where by users might just want to log in but not send any thing ( or in my case, I made it such that multiple users share a single app, so some user emails might not be SES sending ones )
  • Yes that is why the password uses the PHP installation's 'sendmail' function. This is because if SES is not setup or email is not verified, the new password will still be sent to the user. For your case, if you did not enable 'sendmail' and does not want to verify email via SES, there is no way the new password will get to the user.
This discussion has been closed.