Skip to content

Campaign not sending

edited April 2013 in Troubleshooting

I searched all through the forums and see mention of the same or similar problem I am having.

Once I create a campaign and either Send newsletter now! or Schedule this campaign, under Recent campaigns it will say "Sending" and have the little spinning wheel going and going and going … but no send even after 30 minutes.

Able to send test email.

Modified .htaccess to include: php_value memory_limit 128M

Cron looks like this (I tested running with */1):

*/30 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/username/public_html/sendy/scheduled.php > /dev/null 2>&1

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/daveemai/public_html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Any advice?

Thanks.

Dave

Comments

• Hi Dave,

The cron setup instructions for both scheduled.php and autoresponders.php specified that the cron job interval should be */5 and */1 respectively. But you set it to */30 and */5 instead. That is the issue.

Your cron job should be:

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/username/public_html/sendy/scheduled.php > /dev/null 2>&1
    */1 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/daveemai/public_html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Thanks.

Ben

• Thanks Ben. Even with the cron settings at 5 minutes and 1 minute, I still get the spinning wheel and no email sent. Dave

• Hi Dave,

Can you follow the following steps so that we can verify your cron job is working.

1. Visit http://your_sendy_installation_url/reset-cron.php to reset cron statuses in your database
    2. Wait 5 minutes.
    3. Create a new campaign until you reach the 'Define recipients' page
    4. If you see the blue cron job instructions box on the 'Define recipients' page, cron job is not executing the scheduled.php script. If there are no cron job instructions present on the 'Define recipients' page, cron job is working.

Let me know what you get on step 4.

Thanks.

Ben

• Sorry I forgot to ask, does your host allow you to run cron jobs at least every 5 minutes? If so, how about 1 minute?

Thanks.

Ben

• Yes, I am on a dedicated server and have cronjobs running.

tail /var/log/cron
    Apr 6 00:50:01 host2 crond[19368]: (username) CMD (/usr/bin/php /home/username/public_html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:50:02 host2 crond[19392]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/cpanel/bin/dcpumon >/dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:51:01 host2 crond[19423]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/ddos/ddos.sh >/dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:51:01 host2 crond[19428]: (username) CMD (/usr/bin/php /home/username/public_html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:52:01 host2 crond[19455]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/ddos/ddos.sh >/dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:52:01 host2 crond[19457]: (username) CMD (/usr/bin/php /home/username/public_html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:53:01 host2 crond[19492]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/ddos/ddos.sh >/dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:53:01 host2 crond[19497]: (username) CMD (/usr/bin/php /home/username/public_html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:54:01 host2 crond[19592]: (root) CMD (/usr/local/ddos/ddos.sh >/dev/null 2>&1)
    Apr 6 00:54:01 host2 crond[19594]: (username) CMD (/usr/bin/php /home/username/public_html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1)

• Hi Dave,

Have you went through the steps that I've described above? What is the result?

Thanks.

Ben

• Oops, sorry missed that. I'll try it now.

• This is what I see: http://tinypic.com/r/2qa5zs5/6

A link that says "Schedule this campaign?"

• Hi Dave,

Can you please PM me these details so I can take a look:

• Sendy installation URL, email and password
    • FTP credentials

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Dave,

I've done some extensive troubleshooting to find out why your campaign isn't sending until I narrowed down to one line of code. I removed it since I figured it won't affect anything and sending worked. I'm not sure if this has to do with your PHP version which is quite an old version → 5.2.17.

Anyway, your issue is now fixed.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.