Skip to content

Can't communicate with Amazon SNS API for bounces/complaints handling?

edited February 2017 in Troubleshooting

I've gone through the Getting Started guide, and I'm still getting these messages in my campaign:

• Error ($sns->Subscribe('bounces')): InvalidParameter. Please try again by refreshing this page. If this error persist, visit your Amazon SNS console and delete all 'Topics' and 'Subscriptions' and try again.

• Error ($sns->Subscribe('complaints')): InvalidParameter. Please try again by refreshing this page. If this error persist, visit your Amazon SNS console and delete all 'Topics' and 'Subscriptions' and try again.

I've cleared the Topics and Subscriptions in the SNS console and a couple of Topics have regenerated for bounces and complaints, but I'm still getting these errors. Is there something else I can try?

Comments

• BenBen
    edited February 2017

Hi,

Your server probably have a firewall blocking outgoing and incoming connections. Hence, Sendy is unable to communicate with Amazon's API leading to these errors.

For instance, when I visited http://sendy.itsgames.com and it is not loading your Sendy installation.

Try turning off your firewall and see if it works.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• It turns out that the server wasn't public-facing and we had to poke a hole in the firewall. But now the errors are gone and I can at least send test emails.

This discussion has been closed.