Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

UTF8 characters via Subscription API
  • Vote Up0Vote Down altarvicaltarvic

Hi, Cyrillic symbols (in utf8 encoding) are not displayed properly when I subscribe a customer via API. Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/x3anr0r.jpg

• 5 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi,

Can you please provide me with the correct symbols in question so I can test it on my side?

Thanks.

Ben

For example: Алексей Тарасов

Hi,

I subscribed via the API using 'Алексей Тарасов' and it's displaying correctly.

Try changing your database encoding to UTF8 in phpmyadmin?

Thanks.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes, I have already changed the collation of database/tables/fields to utf8_general_ci as I send my emails to the people from all over the world with different symbols in their names (Cyrillic, Korean, Arabic etc.)

I resolved my problem by editing your dbConnect() functions in every php file (including encrypted functions.php) I have add the following command before returning $mysqli object:

$mysqli->set_charset('utf8');

p.s. maybe creating the separate dbConnect.php file (that will be included where it is used) would be more effective?

Thanks

Hi @altarvic,

I was going to release the next version with these code, but you beat me to it. :)

Thanks, this will be added in the next update.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions