Skip to content

Multiple administrators

13»

Comments

• Possible solution If you are happy to "hack the database", here are some instructions to create a second admin with their own login.
    Get into the MySql database via your preferred tool (phpMyAdmin, MySql command line etc) and access the Sendy database.

Edit the following SQL statement with the second user information instead of UsersName, UsersCompany etc. NOTE APPID below is the ID field from the Sendy Brands list.
    I don't know what you should put in the password field, but you can copy your own working password string and paste that in, then login as the new user and change their password to something different. Anyway, here's what I added:

INSERT INTO 'login' (
    'name',
    'company',
    'username',
    'password',
    'timezone',
    'tied_to',
    'app',
    'cron',
    'cron_ares',
    'send_rate',
    'language',
    'cron_csv',
    'cron_seg',
    'auth_enabled',
    'brands_rows',
    'strict_delete',
    'dark_mode'
    ) VALUES (
    'UsersName',
    'UsersCompany',
    'UsersEmail',
    'EncyptedPassword',
    'Europe/London',
    '1',
    'AppID',
    '0',
    '0',
    '14',
    'en_US',
    '0',
    '0',
    '0',
    '10',
    '1',
    '0'
    );

Hope this helps. As always, don't try this on a system you can't afford to mangle up unless you really know what you are doing. Sendy guys, please add this, especially so we can give report viewing abilities to sub-admins. Having multiple people sharing passwords isn't a good way to get around this need.

• I used phpmyadmin to simply copy the entry for the inital user and just updated the email address and name. Will be removing that copy now unfortunately.

Problem I am finding with this solution is that it basically creates another instance for the new user. No Brand, Campaign, etc carries over from the other user. So if you create a Brand, compile a mailing list, and create a campaign, that is all tied to the first user you set it up with. You have to repeat the steps with every user. Really not practical. I really had hoped that all my work would have still been there and just had a new user to interact with. We plan on having 3 separate users doing the mailing using the same campaigns. Not sure why the devs figured one admin user would be fine for something like this. One or two admins and a few standard users would be great.