Skip to content

Sendy stopped sending emails

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hi Ben,

I upgraded to the new version 1.1.3.1. I had scheduled a campaign and when I can in to check on it in morning I found that sendy had sent only 13384 emails to a list of over 82K people. I clicked on the resume button. Normally the number increases after I click on the resume button. but this time it did not. I checked to see if there is a problem in the cron job, but that is working fine (and the mailing started as scheduled, Duh).

Now, they mailing has stopped and I cannot figure out what is wrong and how I should go about fixing it.

Regards,

Kanhai Chhugani

Comments

• Hi @kanhaic,

Can you please PM me these details so that I can check?

1) Installation URL, email and password
    2) Access to mySQL database (phpMyAdmin etc)

Thanks.

Ben
  • Hi Ben,

Sent you all the details on a PM

Kanhai
  • Thanks Kanhai, I've received your login details.

I figured the problem. Your server memory has been exhausted, the following is what's retrieved from your error log on your FTP:

[12-Dec-2012 20:02:51 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/directse/public_html/includes/helpers/class.phpmailer.php(661) : runtime-created function on line 1

Looking at your phpinfo, your allocated memory_limit is 32M. The error above shows it's using 33M. So it has exceeded the allow memory limit. For a subscriber of your size (80K++), you should increase your memory limit to at least 128M.

You need to contact your host to increase PHP memory_limit to at least 128M.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Ben
This discussion has been closed.