Skip to content

Duplicates getting through when importing per line

edited December 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hey,

Looks like the option for importing: "Add name and email per line" , allows duplicates.

I found another thread where you mention the remove-duplicates page, so no biggie. But I'm assuming this is a bug.

Thanks,
Dan Brooks

Comments

• Been having the same issue still, since inception.
  • BenBen
    edited December 2012
    Hi @danbrooks @derivativemedia,

Do you mean import "per line"? The last time I tested, it doesn't import duplicate though.

I just tested again to confirm. I imported these lines to a new list:

test1,test1@test.com
    test2,test2@test.com
    test3,test3@test.com

I then added these lines again to the same list but it does not import them again. Hence, no duplicates are going through.

@danbrooks @derivativemedia Perhaps you can PM me a sample of the lines you've previously imported that allowed duplicates to go through?

Thanks!

Ben
  • Hey Ben,

Have figured out what's going on, it happens when there are extra spaces around the email.

In subscribers/line-update.php, it's doing the duplicate lookup before the trim()'s which happen later. I've added this to line 38, fixes things up:

$email = trim($email);

- Dan
  • Thanks @Dan! I'll fix this in the next update.
  • @danbrooks, What does that exactly do ? Just allow for spaces around the email when it imports so it filters duplicates?
  • @derivativemedia - yeah, it makes sure to remove any extra whitespace around the email first, before looking for it in the database. I created my list for testing, using PHP, and had a space after the comma, which then became part of the email when looking for it in the database e.g. Bob Bobover, test@example.com
  • Thanks, it works!

• The latest version 1.1.4 has been released addressing this issue.

This discussion has been closed.