Skip to content

SNS setup for multiple addresses

edited March 2013 in Troubleshooting

When setting up SNS for multiple sender addresses, do we create a new topic for each address or do we use the same topic (i.e. complaints/bounces) for each new email address? Because I am currently set SNS for one sender address and the complaint/bounces setup was working. Now I added a new sender address on a different domain, and used the the same topics and got the "SNS is not set up, etc" message. I sent the campaign anyway thinking I'll fix it afterward (it was only sent less than 20 people as a test). So should I create a new topic or is something wrong? Because I can't get the "check for complaints/bounces" window anymore so I can't test if the notifications are working or not.

fyi, everything (domains and email addresses) is all verified in SES

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi @pinwale,

Because I can't get the "check for complaints/bounces" window anymore so I can't test if the notifications are working or not.

You did not get the bounces/complaints checking modal window anymore because bounces/complaints have been setup correctly.

You're all good to go. :)

Ben

• Awesome! :)

Just to clarify -- we have to create new topics for each sender email address (i.e. "complaints-Newletter1" & "complaints-Newsletter2" because that is what I have set up at the moment.

• Hi @pinwale,

Just to clarify -- we have to create new topics for each sender email address

No you do not have to. Just create one SNS topic/subscription for bounces and complaints pointing to bounces.php and complaints.php and you are all set.

Ben

• Ah, okay. I just fixed it and everything is working fine. :)

Thanks for the help, Ben! You are awesome!

This discussion has been closed.