Skip to content

SMTP from mandrill on Hostgator

AbyAby
edited April 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi,

I setup Sendy with SMTP from mandrill, I uploaded a list and hit the send buttons but the emails weren't sent. I contacted Hostgator to see if the ports for sending emails through mandrill were opened and theyvtold me ports are open and everything is fine from their end. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hello,

There're no known issues with Sendy's SMTP feature at the moment. Can you test if SMTP is working by using other SMTP settings, from your personal email for example (eg. gmail, yahoo mail etc)?

Thanks.

Ben

• Thanks Ben it's fixed now, I changed the port and it worked! one more question: since I'm using mandrill, do I need to complete step 7 & 8? and if yes how do I go about it? Finally I sent few emails, opened them but in the tracking it doesn't show the opened emails it kept saying 0...am I missing some thing in the setting? thanks for your help!

• BenBen
    edited April 2013

Hi, glad that it worked. :)

one more question: since I'm using mandrill, do I need to complete step 7 & 8?

No you don't have to. Step 7 & 8 only apply if you're using Amazon SES.

I sent few emails, opened them but in the tracking it doesn't show the opened emails

Do you have 'images turned on' in your email client when viewing your newsletter?

Thanks.

Ben

• Well it's working now, I haven't done anything differently! it just started showing the stats...Thanks for your help Ben :)

• You're welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.