Skip to content

Complaints not being registered

edited May 2013 in Troubleshooting

I've set up SNS notifications and while bounces seem to be registered, complaints are not. I grepped the following out of my error log:
2013/05/18 15:16:49 [error] 12781#0: *117244 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$complaint in /<redacted>/public_html/includes/campaigns/complaints.php on line 51

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hi @kukee,

There are no bugs with bounces & complaints handling since Sendy was launched.

Check that you have completed all steps in Steps 7 & 8 in the Get Started Guide. Especially setting the Feedback Details part.

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben, thanks for the fast response. I have double checked and can confirm that the endpoints are both correct with SNS, and SES is configured to use them for feedback.

Feedback config

More info:
    Server: nginx with php-fpm for passthrough to php, apc for caching
    PHP: 5.4.14 (is this the problem? I remember hearing that php 5.4 caused lots of problem upon release)

I've disabled APC as that might be the cause of the problem, is there anyway to test the complaints callback? e.g. send a fake complaint to amazon and see if it calls back to complaints.php?

Regards

• Hi @kukee,

PHP: 5.4.14 (is this the problem? I remember hearing that php 5.4 caused lots of problem upon release)

I'm using PHP 5.4.13, so I don't think it's a PHP 5.4 problem. I think the issue is because you're using an nginx server instead of Apache.

Sendy isn't tested on nginx, it's only tested in Apache (as written in Sendy's FAQ). I have no experience with nginx so I'm not sure how I can help. Sorry about that.

is there anyway to test the complaints callback? e.g. send a fake complaint to amazon and see if it calls back to complaints.php?

You can use Amazon Mailbox Simulator's email complaint@simulator.amazonses.com

Ben

• It seems to be working now with APC disabled, so I guess that was the problem. Many thanks!

This discussion has been closed.