Skip to content

Web version, links, opens and unsubscribe not working

edited October 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hi.

I installed my Sendy on Linode cloud, configured my server, and everything seems to be fine, except web version, unsubscribe, opens and link tracking links.

When i open web version link, I get blank page, the same for unsubscribe link.

Also opens don't show up. When i get email, I click "Show images", so Sendy can track open, but no opens shows in report.

When I click on link, I get Redirect loop, with link like this "http://www.mydomian.com//l/he5/Resource id #1"

Any idea?

Comments

• Did you copied the HTML code from an existing campaign, pasted it into a new campaign, then deleted the campaign you copied the HTML code from?
  • In short, where was the source of your HTML code?
  • No, I just made new campaign, added a test link: http://www.google.com. When i open it on my email, I get that error.
  • That's weird because there's no known problems with regards to this. Is mod_rewrite enabled on your server?
  • Yes mod_rewrite is enabled. Everything worked on Amazon EC2 instance. Maybe its something to do with Short helper? because I get user ID like 12345 long, but I am the only user except admin.
  • No, I am wrong, the user ID is 0 now, and link_id also 0, when I echo the variables. And $link is Resource id #1
  • I am having this same exact issue -- I am on 1and1 and had to add RewriteBase / to the the .htaccess file to enable mod_rewrite but I have the feeling that something is still not fully enabled.

Options +FollowSymLinks
    Options -Multiviews

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9-]+)$ $1.php [L]

# Link tracker
    RewriteRule ^l/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ l.php?i=$1 [L]

# Open tracker
    RewriteRule ^t/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ t.php?i=$1 [L]

# Open tracker
    RewriteRule ^w/([a-zA-Z0-9/]+)$ w.php?i=$1 [L]

# unsubscribe
    RewriteRule ^unsubscribe/(.*)$ unsubscribe.php?i=$1 [L]

# subscribe
    RewriteRule ^subscribe/(.*)$ subscribe.php?i=$1 [L]
  • Hi

I seem to be experiencing the same issue.

Please let me know if anybody has solved it as yet?

Thanks
  • edited October 2012
    Sendy_ZA -- my RewriteBase / addition actually worked and I also was using the WRONG shortcodes or tags in my email. I was linking my unsubscribe and email tags in the link itself e.g. a href="[Unsubscribe]" which was incorrect. In my HTML I switched to <"unsubscribe">click here to unsubscribe<"/unsubscribe"> (added quotes so it would display here -- not needed for live code) and then it worked. Did the same for Email personalization tag
This discussion has been closed.