Skip to content

Need option to stop or pause sending emails

edited May 2013 in Suggestions

I sent 30,000 emails and after 30 seconds from the start, the boss asks me to stopping for inspections. What can I do?

Comments

• Hi Alessio,

You can't stop/pause a campaign. If you want to inspect the campaign, you can view reports while it's still sending.

Thanks.

Ben

• In theory, you could kill the cron job I guess by either renaming the file or pausing it on the server?

• If I delete the running campaign, then will it pause ?

• Yes it will.

• Ben, I had a campaign running, I deleted it and it still sent it!

I think a stop/pause option is really needed!

• +1.

I also think it is an important option to have.

• I add my name to wanting this - our sending limit is increased but we have a 50,000 database. It is nice to send it out at around 10K each day, that way we don't have too many out of office to process, and we don't have too many enquiries to process. A pause would be the easiest way to achieve this.
    what if I edit the cron job - can this be a workaround?

• +1 for this.

• Is there this function in 2.0.5 version?

• Please add this function.

• this should be added, pausing campaign and adding an option to define how many emails to be sent daily for a specific campaign

• 1 yes for me too, thanks!
  • Really need it +1

• There is still no pause/stop option right? We just sent a campaign to 20k people which has a wrong info inside :) Killed cron & removed campaign but it still got sent ... Would really love this option!

• We received a warning from Amazon SES because of a high bounce rate. We tried to stop the sending but there was no option, so we decided to delete the campaign.
    A few minutes later, Amazon notified us that our account have been suspended for high bounce rate. Amazon sent 9k emails before the suspension, but looking at the database, we noticed that the queue was still processed because it shows 20k emails sent.
    We need to identify which emails were actually sent before the suspension, so we can create a separate list and resume the sending once Amazon enables our account again. Can you please tell me how to identify them? I tried to look at the time each email was sent to each recipient, but I didn’t find that information on the database.

• Update: I can confirm that deleting the campaign DOES NOT stop it from sending. You've to reboot your server. I'd really appreciate if a 'stop' / 'pause' / 'resume' option is added to every campaign.

Thanks!

• Yes, a stop/pause is the basic necessity for any email campaign.sendy should add this feature.

• +1 for this feature

• I also want this feature, atleast mention how to stop a running campaign by logging into the server. Please inform about the technical steps, so that we can follow accordingly if needed.

• +1 Yes a much required feature

• +1 for this feature

• +1 for me too! It's pretty scary to have a HUGE list and knowing that once the "send" button is pushed, there's no way to pause / stop the process.

• +1 from me as well. Twice in the last week we've had clients contact us 5 minutes after their emails started to request major changes. (...despite both approving them just 2 days earlier!!! Clients, you can''t live with them, can't live without them...)

• any email marketing campaign should have a stop/pause option coz we send in batches or mishaps occur where we want to pause the campaign. Sendy should really have this feature.

• This feature is very necessary

• This is a must - just been caught out by a high bounce rate and wanted to stop campaign. Can't re boot server as it is a shared server!

• +1 for this feature. It is a very requested feature by our customers. Please!

• +1 for this feature. Definitely need. In fact, I had to modify the code to disallow campaign deletions so as to have an audit trail, so an explicit function that handles management of the start/stop/queueing etc would really be a bonus. I shouldn't have to log in to the sql server and manually delete campaign records and restart apache to do something so simple.

• Ben: Can you please let me know any way to stop a campaign and mark it as complete for the sake of what's in the the sendy sql campaigns table? I could program something to set the proper flag so it is missed by the scheduler, and then kill all running php mail sessions, etc.