Skip to content

Clicks by hour graph

edited September 2013 in Suggestions

It would be really interesting to be able to see the number of clicks by hour - and also to compare that for different campaigns.

Comments

• I think so too :)
    Currently 'time' when an open occurred is no recorded anywhere (or for that matter what browser was used).

Instead of storing opens data per campaign - would it not be a good idea to have an opens table: soumething like

create table opens (id int, time int, useragent, campaignid, subscriberid, ares bool, ip, country) 

Sendy could then stick a new record in the opens table each time an 'open' was recorded;

This would make it possible to delete old 'opens' - say more than 1 year old - etc ... and keep the db reasonably sized.

• Would be good to see more detail about user agents, that's for sure.

• I second this

• I third this. I have clients that want "Opened by Time" reports so they can determine the best time to send emails. User Agent tracking would be great as well, that way I can determine if I still need to support Lotus, Blackberry, etc.

• This is a MUST to be considered in next upgrades!.. This is my "fix", I created a new DB table and a run the following trigger:

-- DAILY FEEDBACKS
    INSERT INTO daily_feedbacks(campaign_id, opens, dateadded)
    SELECT id, opens, now()
    from campaigns
    where id = 38

This will record Campaing ID, # of opens and date added.

I know this can be done way easier, and will be safer to have it integrated already in Sendy.

Regards,

• +1 for this, day and time of day would make Sendy even better! :)

• The right way to do this would be to append some Google Analytics parameters to register your clicks in a new campaign. Then you can see the clicks in GA.
    So the feature that needs to be implemented is to append automatically the _utm* paramaters so the URLs look like that:
    http://blog.yaentrainement.fr/?utm_source=sendy&utm_medium=email&utm_content=rugby&utm_campaign=rugby_season_start
    This is going to put my clicks in Aquisition, Campaigns.

BUT there is a big but... I tlooks like GA doesn't show clicks by hour for this very report! How crazy is that...
    Anyway I think having _utm* parameters would solve a lot of issues. Like comparing campaigns for example.

• And if you want to create your URL you can use this:
    https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

• 1 for this.