Skip to content

Transfer Sendy installation to new website URL

edited June 2014 in Questions

My Company has built a new website at www.synergyefficiency.solutions and would like to transfer the entire sendy application as-is to that account. How can I do that? Thanks!

Comments

• BenBen
    edited June 2014

Hi,

Please see my comments in this thread → https://sendy.co/forum/discussion/1145/does-change-of-domain-affect-install#Item_4

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• As it stands, I have moved the files to my new server an updated the Config.php SQL and URL settings, but my installation URL is showing a blank, all-white screen. Thanks,

Anthony

• I didn't understand what you meant by "move your database as well" - I moved the entire installation and just edited the aforementioned config.php. Thanks so much for any help!

• I didn't understand what you meant by "move your database as well"

It means, export your MySQL database from your old installation via phpmyadmin, then import the .sql file into your new database on your new server via phpmyadmin as well.

• Hi Ben,

I checked the MySQL database for my old website, and there was no section named "sendy" in it. What I see is a list of the following:

Browse: (2 Rows) apps
    Browse: (0 Rows) ares
    Browse: (0 Rows) ares_emails
    Browse: (39 Rows) campaigns
    Browse: (284 Rows) links
    Browse: (3 Rows) lists
    Browse: (3 Rows) login
    Browse: (0 Rows) queue
    Browse: (7310 Rows) sq_analytics
    Browse: (139 Rows) sq_keywords
    Browse: (7307 Rows) subscribers
    Browse: (32 Rows) wp_commentmeta
    Browse: (32 Rows) wp_comments
    Browse: (0 Rows) wp_cp_calculated_fields_form_discount_codes
    Browse: (0 Rows) wp_cp_calculated_fields_form_posts
    Browse: (6 Rows) wp_cp_calculated_fields_form_settings
    Browse: (1 Rows) wp_gallery_galleries
    Browse: (2 Rows) wp_gallery_galleriesslides
    Browse: (2 Rows) wp_gallery_slides
    Browse: (3 Rows) wp_gde_profiles
    Browse: (0 Rows) wp_gde_secure
    Browse: (4 Rows) wp_Ihrss_plugin
    Browse: (6 Rows) wp_layerslider
    Browse: (7 Rows) wp_links
    Browse: (488 Rows) wp_options
    Browse: (644 Rows) wp_postmeta
    Browse: (1224 Rows) wp_posts
    Browse: (6 Rows) wp_terms
    Browse: (49 Rows) wp_term_relationships
    Browse: (6 Rows) wp_term_taxonomy
    Browse: (54 Rows) wp_usermeta
    Browse: (2 Rows) wp_users

Do I download this entire MySQL database and upload into my new domain?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Hi,

You can either export the whole database, or just Sendy's tables:

apps
    ares
    ares_emails
    campaigns
    links
    lists
    login
    queue
    subscribers

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• You are a gentleman and a scholar! I'm still seeing a blank page at www.synergyefficiency.solutions/sendy/ but I still need to change SNS endpoints and reset Chron Jobs - hopefully that'll do the job! Thank you!

• Nevermind, fixed that problem (non-standard apostrophes in includes/config.php). Now I get this message though:

Can't connect to database
    There is a problem connecting to the database. Please try again later.

• Ben, I got to the login (finally). Could you please change my installation URL to www.synergyefficiency.solutions ? Thanks!

• Hi Ben, Thanks for all your help. I have gained access to Sendy on my new domain, but the same issue remains as was present in my previous Sendy installation on the original Domain. Namely, I have the send-from e-mail address verified in Amazon SES, as well as the entire URL (I have confirmed with SES Help that they are verified). But in Sendy, when I create a campaign and try to send from that address (newsletter@synergyefficiency.solutions) it tells me that the address is not verified. Is this an issue you've come accross before? Thank you so much for your continued help!!!

• Hi,

Please make sure the email or domain you verified in your Amazon SES console is verified in the same region as what is set in Sendy's settings.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben,

I have been looking for these settings and have not found them. All I can find is my time zone in Sendy's settings. As for SNS, my Bounce and Complain handling are set to U.S. West, like SNS itself. Cheers

• Ben, again, thank you so much for your help. I figured it out - I had to update to the newest version to have the possibility to change the region. Thank you!!

This discussion has been closed.