Skip to content

Unsubscribed from all lists when unsubscribe link is clicked

edited September 2014 in Using Sendy

Pretty much as per the title, really. I am developing an integration between Sendy and a popular forum package. However, for the purposes of this troubleshooting, I have tested and confirmed this issue outside of that integration using a simple REST client.

Given these parameters:

list=y763892UsUB1OpTa09i763PxqMYg
email=email@domain.com
boolean=true

My expectation is that the user would be unsubscribed from the list with ID of: y763892UsUB1OpTa09i763PxqMYg

What actually happens, however, is that where the user is subscribed to multiple lists, they are actually unsubscribed from ALL lists.

I thought it may be useful to demonstrate this in pictures:

1) Subscriber Lists
2) REST Client
3) Screenshot immediately after submitting the above request

It has crossed my mind that this may be an intentional design decision; because if a user wants to unsubscribe, maybe they want to unsubscribe from all, but that decision seems at odds with requiring a list ID to submit the request and the documentation.

This has been tested in the versions I have which are 1.1.9.2 and 1.1.9.4. Any help gratefully received :) Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,

By default, when a recipient clicks unsubscribe, they're unsubscribed from all lists in the brand. This is industry's best practice. However you can change this default by going to the list's settings, then select 'Only this list' from 'Unsubscribe settings'.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.