Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Unsubscribe tag not working in double opt in confirmation email
  • Hi, I am trying to add the [unsubscribe] tag to the confirmation email. No matter how I try to add it (I tried all the forms and ways that are explained in the forums) it comes up as simple text.

What am I doing wrong?

In inserted the [confirmation_link] tag in the first confirmation email and works fine, but struggling with the [unsubscribe] one.

• 3 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi,

[unsubscribe] tag does not work in confirmation emails. It is redundant to have an unsubscribe link in confirmation emails because the user aren't 'confirmed' to be a subscriber yet, hence the confirmation email in which they need to click the confirmation link to become a 'subscriber'.

In other words they aren't a subscriber yet so they can't 'unsubscribe' if they aren't a subscriber yet. If they don't want to be in your mailing list as a subscriber they can simply not click the confirmation link. That is what the confirmation email and confirmation link is for.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben, thanks

I have now tried the unsubscribe tag in an email out and is still not working. If you have an email address you can give me I will send you one so you can see for yourself. I have tried all options, but still no luck.

Cheers,
    Ignacio.

• Oops, it seems to be working now. Sorry :)

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions