Skip to content

Drip campaign emails not sending

edited March 2015 in Troubleshooting

I'm in the testing phase of Sendy. I just added myself to an autoresponder drip campaign through the API. I have a thank you message setup and have the option checked to send me a message after I subscribe. However I have not received the message. Is there some sort of delay? I was wondering how I can figure out what's going on or if there's anything I can do to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Leslie

Comments

• Hi,

Are you sending emails via Amazon SES or third party SMTP?

Best regards,
    Ben

• I'm sending via SES. Thanks! :-) I have my cron set at 1 minute intervals also, in case that matters.

• BenBen
    edited March 2015

I'm sending via SES.

1. Check that you have requested (and granted) Amazon for 'production access'
    2. Check that you have verified your 'From email' or its domain in your Amazon SES console, see Step 6 of the Get Started Guide http://sendy.co/get-started
    3. If you attempted to verify any emails or domains in your Amazon SES console and the status is 'failed', please either complete the verification or remove the 'failed' email or domain
    4. If you attempted to verify the sending domain's DKIM and it's in 'pending' or 'failed' status, please either complete the verification or do not verify DKIM at all

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• OK...I verified all the points you suggested.

-- I already have production access
    -- My From EMail address was already verified
    -- I don't have any email addresses or domains with a failed status.

To give you more background info, this is what I did (again this a.m.):
    -- I set up a campaign in Sendy
    -- Added 3 auto responder messages
    1 of them set to be sent immediately upon sign up
    2nd set to be sent one minute after signup
    3rd set for two days after sign up.

I manually added my e-mail address to the subscriber list using the correct syntax (i.e. Name, email address).
    It appears as "active" on the subscriber list screen with a status of "subscribed".

I've been subscribed for at least 5 minutes now.

I did not receive a message immediately (i.e. my first message). And I did not receive the 2nd message 1 minute after subscription.

I almost feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong, but not sure...

• BenBen
    edited March 2015

With regards to not receiving the Autoresponder email that you've setup, please note that only emails added to your list via Sendy's subscribe form or the 'subscribe' API will trigger Autoresponder emails to be sent.

• The autoresponder will not send messages to manually typed addresses...Got it.

Does that mean if I have an existing email list I want to import, the autoresponder will not send messages to those addresses either?

Thanks again,
    Leslie

• Does that mean if I have an existing email list I want to import, the autoresponder will not send messages to those addresses either?

That's correct. Autoresponders is not designed to send in 'bulk'. Send these existing users regular campaigns instead.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Got it. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.