Skip to content

Autoresponder and thank you emails not sending - what am I doing wrong?

edited April 2015 in Troubleshooting

I am still in the set up and testing phase. I have sendy installed on a digital ocean Ubuntu Lamp server.

I just updated to the latest version of sendy. I have the cron jobs set up to send normal emails.
I tried to set up a cron job to send autoresponder emails, but something isn't right - i have been testing by signing up test email addresses through the subscription form I have installed on my site - puredelightcoffee.com/test

What do I need to do to get this working?

Comments

• Hi,

You mentioned that 'Thank you emails' aren't sending as well, so that means it may not be your cron job for 'Autoresponders' aren't working.

1. Ensure that you have requested Amazon to raise your 'SES Sending Limits' to get out of 'Sandbox mode' ? http://aws.amazon.com/ses/extendedaccessrequest
    2. Check that you have verified your 'From email' or its domain in your Amazon SES console, see Step 6 of the Get Started Guide http://sendy.co/get-started
    3. If you attempted to verify any emails or domains in your Amazon SES console and the status is 'failed', please either complete the verification or remove the 'failed' email or domain
    4. If you attempted to verify the sending domain's DKIM and it's in 'pending' or 'failed' status, please either complete the verification or do not verify DKIM at all

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited April 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I checked in amazon ses and made sure that my domain and email addresses are verified. I don't have the DKIM settings activated.

I just deleted the autoresponder campaign that I was testing, and created a new one. I also created a new thank you email. I deleted and reinserted the code for the sign up form on my website. After doing all that, I did another test email signup and the thank you email worked, but the autoresponder did not work.

My technical skills are limited so I have been using a IT person I hired off fiverr to set up sendy and trouble shoot alot of the problems I've ran into. Knowing that, what can I tell them to have them fix this issue?

Also, if it's easier, I can provide you my login creds so you can go in and look to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again for your help.

• Hi,

If your Autoresponder is not sending emails, please make sure the cron job setup for autoresponder.php is set to run every minute (not more).

What is your full cron job command for autoresponder.php?

I've setup hundreds of Digital Ocean servers and installed Sendy on it for others with no issues.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi,

I forwarded this info to the guy who is doing the tech work for me...

I really wish I would have just paid the $79 you guys charge to set it up! I tried to do it my self following a tutorial but quickly found that the job was way too advanced for me!

Oh well, we'll see if I can get the fiverr guy to do it right.

Thanks for your help

• Now I think all the cron jobs are all messed up because now a normal campaign that I'm trying to send, has been stuck in "preparing to send" mode for over an hour....

• edited April 2015

Hi Ben,

Here are my exact cron job command lines:

*/5 * * * * curl -L -s /var/www/html/sendy/scheduled.php > /dev/null 2>&1
    */1 * * * * curl -L -s /var/www/html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Also my guy wanted me to let you know that the domain I have registered to send email through Amazon des is puredelightcoffee.com, but sendy is hosted on sendy2.puredelightcoffee.com.

Thanks,

Niklas

• BenBen
    edited April 2015

The cron job commands are wrong. Your developer didn't use the cron job command provided by Sendy for some reason.

It should be:

*/5 * * * * php /var/www/html/sendy/scheduled.php > /dev/null 2>&1

and

*/1 * * * * php /var/www/html/sendy/autoresponders.php > /dev/null 2>&1

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Alrighty. We updated to the proper cron jobs and everything is working great! Thank you so much for the support, I'm really looking forward to using sendy!!

This discussion has been closed.