Skip to content

Confirmation email not being sent

I have Sendy installed on an Amazon EC2 instance.

I've created a list, checked double optin and subscribed to it. I can see my email address in the list, but I'm not receiving the confirmation email I created.

I've checked the spam folder. The email address and domain are verified. The sending domain's DKIM is verified. Cron job is also setup.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Peter.

Comments

• Hi,

You must subscribe via Sendy's subscribe form or the API in order for double optin to send you a confirmation email. If you added your email via Sendy, it won't trigger double opt-in.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

I embedded the subscribe form in my landing page and subscribed there. I've created a confirmation email and left the thank you message blank. I must be overlooking something.

Thanks,

Peter.

• Hi,

Ensure that you have requested Amazon to raise your 'SES Sending Limits' to get out of 'Sandbox mode' ? http://aws.amazon.com/ses/extendedaccessrequest

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben,

I'm not in sandbox mode. I have production access for the region Ireland. I've sent a test campaign to the test list before, to test bounces and complaints. Those did fine. But no confirmation email when subscribing to this list.

Thanks,

Peter.

• Hi,

Please send me the following details so I can see what's missing:

• Sendy installation URL, email and password
    • AWS login credentials

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi,

I logged in to your Sendy account and see that your your 'Amazon SES quota' are displayed as all zeros in the left sidebar:

Please contact your hosting support to run the following command to sync your server clock with NTP:

sudo /usr/sbin/ntpdate 0.north-america.pool.ntp.org 1.north-america.pool.ntp.org 2.north-america.pool.ntp.org 3.north-america.pool.ntp.org

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi,

I'm hosting Sendy on Amazon EC2 so I thought EC2 servers would already be in sync with NTP. Ran the command anyway and it's working fine now.

Thank you very much again Ben.

Best regards,

Peter.

This discussion has been closed.