Skip to content

Sent in Sendy but not in SES

edited June 2015 in Troubleshooting

I am trying to send emails to 46K subcscribers at 28emails/sec. In Sendy, it says "sent" but SES did not receive the emails. It has been couple of hours now since I sent the emails but SES still not displaying that 46K that Sendy sent.

How can I fix this?
Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

Try sending a test email in your Amazon SES console (not in Sendy) and see if you get any error message from Amazon.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben,

I was able to send a test email using SES to my personal email.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Paulo

• Hi,

Ok, that means your Amazon SES account isn't suspended by Amazon.

Please also see the following points:

1. Check that you have verified your 'From email' or its domain in your Amazon SES console, see Step 6 of the Get Started Guide http://sendy.co/get-started
    2. If you attempted to verify any emails or domains in your Amazon SES console and the status is 'failed', please either complete the verification or remove the 'failed' email or domain
    3. If you attempted to verify the sending domain's DKIM and it's in 'pending' or 'failed' status, please either complete the verification or do not verify DKIM at all

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Hi Ben,

Yes, domains are all verified.

In fact I tried sending our newsletter to 22 of our company emails, and they were delivered without problems, Sendy was able to track the open rate as well. In SES dashboard, these 22 emails were added in sent emails.

I sent the same newsletter to 100 subscribers (I split our list per 100). Sendy says it was "sent" but in SES it was not counted in the Sent Emails. It has been a couple of hours now but SES still does not show these 100 emails as being sent.

Something goes wrong when sending to 100 or more emails. Our sending rate is set in Sendy is 14emails/sec, our max. send rate in SES is 28emails/sec.

Thanks.

• Hi Ben,

I double checked the 22 emails I sent earlier, these are my personal and company emails, and found out that it was not delivered to all 22 emails.

I enabled an SNS for delivery notification via email, and so I found out that only 4 emails were sent by SES out of the 22 that was processed by Sendy. Sendy also says that emails were sent to 22 recipients.

Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/a9vwUaC.png

Have you encountered this kind of issue with other Snedy users? How did they fix it?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Paulo

• Hi,

That's very strange. Other Sendy users are not experiencing this.

Can you check your server's error_log to find any clues to this?

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited June 2015

Hi Ben,

Here's few lines of the error log in Sendy:

[22-Jun-2015 17:25:03 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: curl_multi_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/praylcom/public_html/login/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 231
    [22-Jun-2015 17:25:04 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter in /home/praylcom/public_html/login/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 76
    [22-Jun-2015 17:25:04 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: explode(): Empty delimiter in /home/praylcom/public_html/login/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 76

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Paulo

• BenBen
    edited June 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the log, here is the issue (just as I suspected):

PHP Warning: curl_multi_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/praylcom/public_html/login/includes/helpers/class.amazonses.php on line 231

When you send more than 28 emails, Sendy will use multi-threading, meaning, it'll send in batches of 28 per second (your SES send rate) until all emails are sent. If curl_multi_exec() is disabled, Sendy won't be able to send your emails. But if you send lesser than 28 emails, emails are sent one after another, so it doesn't use curl_multi_exec(), that is why when you send 22 emails to your personal and company emails you're getting them.

You need to contact your hosting support to fix the issue with regards to the above error.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Thanks a lot Ben. You're right. I removed curl_multi_exec() from the disabled functions in WHM and so far it is working now. Good thing it worked now. :)

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.