Skip to content

Failed to open stream: No such file or directory

edited June 2015 in Troubleshooting

Hey Ben,

I'm trying to install Sendy on a new server & new domain.
It is in a subdomain, email.getclicks.com.my

I'm getting this error:

Warning: include(includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/getclick/public_html/email/includes/header.php on line 1

Warning: include(includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/getclick/public_html/email/includes/header.php on line 1

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'includes/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/getclick/public_html/email/includes/header.php on line 1

I tried a few things suggested on the forum.

• Download zip file from sendy
  • extract and upload to server
  • change filezilla setting to upload filetype as binary
  • upload the zip file, extract at the server.

So far no luck with googling Sendy forum. What can I do?

Comments

• Hi,

Is functions.php in the /includes/ folder?

Best regards,
    Ben

• You're right, indeed it is not. But the server seems like automatically delete it or hide it.

I upload the file again, it disappear. after a few seconds. I create a new file, and then paste the code in the file, same thing happen.

What should I tell my hosting company to do so the file will stay in that directory? Any specific setting I need them to enable or disable it for me?

• You'll need to contact your host on why your server keeps deleting the functions.php file you uploaded to /includes/ folder.

Best regards,
    Ben

• Got it. The installed a server scanner, and the php file is detected as a potential virus, so the software remove it once I upload. Now it is exclude from the server.

So sorry that I'm bring so much trouble here, it shouldn't be because I've done it once. I really appreciate your patient for guiding me today.

But I encounter another error.
    [404 error] If you're seeing this error after install, check this FAQ for the fix: https://sendy.co/troubleshooting#404-error

The problem is that I haven't start the installation, it only redirect me to the _install.php.

I've tried to include "RewriteBase /" in the htaccess file in the installation folder, and also the root. No luck. I've check with host provider, the mod_rewrite is enable. I've tried all steps in the FAQ, I've no more clue to proceed.

• _install.php is obfuscated just like functions.php. So I think the same thing is happening. You need to ask your host to stop your server from deleting _install.php and functions.php.

• Hey Ben,

I appreciate your patient guide throughout the second installation. It works!

It is all because of my hosting company deploy a scanner that delete the file whenever I extract or upload.

This discussion has been closed.