Get answers quicker by searching

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need option to stop or pause sending emails
  • Vote Up0Vote Down alessioalessio

I sent 30,000 emails and after 30 seconds from the start, the boss asks me to stopping for inspections. What can I do?

• 38 Comments
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Hi Alessio,

You can't stop/pause a campaign. If you want to inspect the campaign, you can view reports while it's still sending.

Thanks.

Ben

• Vote Up0Vote Down ChrisSouthamChrisSoutham

In theory, you could kill the cron job I guess by either renaming the file or pausing it on the server?

• Vote Up0Vote Down bhishm4ubhishm4u

If I delete the running campaign, then will it pause ?

• Vote Up0Vote Down BenBen

Yes it will.

• Vote Up0Vote Down jsalcedjsalced

Ben, I had a campaign running, I deleted it and it still sent it!

I think a stop/pause option is really needed!

• Vote Up0Vote Down nmellanmella

+1.

I also think it is an important option to have.

• I add my name to wanting this - our sending limit is increased but we have a 50,000 database. It is nice to send it out at around 10K each day, that way we don't have too many out of office to process, and we don't have too many enquiries to process. A pause would be the easiest way to achieve this. what if I edit the cron job - can this be a workaround?

• Vote Up0Vote Down MI001MI001

+1

• +1 for this.

• Vote Up0Vote Down LucasLucas

Is there this function in 2.0.5 version?

• Please add this function.

• Vote Up0Vote Down mailyncmailync

this should be added, pausing campaign and adding an option to define how many emails to be sent daily for a specific campaign

• Vote Up0Vote Down netxnetx
    • 1 yes for me too, thanks!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down adilixadilix

Really need it +1

• Vote Up0Vote Down gregagrega

There is still no pause/stop option right? We just sent a campaign to 20k people which has a wrong info inside :) Killed cron & removed campaign but it still got sent ... Would really love this option!

• Vote Up0Vote Down luigeekluigeek

We received a warning from Amazon SES because of a high bounce rate. We tried to stop the sending but there was no option, so we decided to delete the campaign. A few minutes later, Amazon notified us that our account have been suspended for high bounce rate. Amazon sent 9k emails before the suspension, but looking at the database, we noticed that the queue was still processed because it shows 20k emails sent. We need to identify which emails were actually sent before the suspension, so we can create a separate list and resume the sending once Amazon enables our account again. Can you please tell me how to identify them? I tried to look at the time each email was sent to each recipient, but I didn’t find that information on the database.

• Update: I can confirm that deleting the campaign DOES NOT stop it from sending. You've to reboot your server. I'd really appreciate if a 'stop' / 'pause' / 'resume' option is added to every campaign.

Thanks!

• Yes, a stop/pause is the basic necessity for any email campaign.sendy should add this feature.

• +1 for this feature

• I also want this feature, atleast mention how to stop a running campaign by logging into the server. Please inform about the technical steps, so that we can follow accordingly if needed.

• Vote Up0Vote Down harry2coolharry2cool

+1 Yes a much required feature

• Vote Up0Vote Down plantpotphilplantpotphil

+1 for this feature

• Vote Up0Vote Down bigmailerbigmailer

+1 for me too! It's pretty scary to have a HUGE list and knowing that once the "send" button is pushed, there's no way to pause / stop the process.

• Vote Up0Vote Down UnbalancedUnbalanced

+1 from me as well. Twice in the last week we've had clients contact us 5 minutes after their emails started to request major changes. (...despite both approving them just 2 days earlier!!! Clients, you can''t live with them, can't live without them...)

• Vote Up0Vote Down ahsan2011ahsan2011

any email marketing campaign should have a stop/pause option coz we send in batches or mishaps occur where we want to pause the campaign. Sendy should really have this feature.

• Vote Up0Vote Down AmolAmol

This feature is very necessary

• This is a must - just been caught out by a high bounce rate and wanted to stop campaign. Can't re boot server as it is a shared server!

• Vote Up0Vote Down marcelopmarcelop

+1 for this feature. It is a very requested feature by our customers. Please!

• +1 for this feature. Definitely need. In fact, I had to modify the code to disallow campaign deletions so as to have an audit trail, so an explicit function that handles management of the start/stop/queueing etc would really be a bonus. I shouldn't have to log in to the sql server and manually delete campaign records and restart apache to do something so simple.

• Ben: Can you please let me know any way to stop a campaign and mark it as complete for the sake of what's in the the sendy sql campaigns table? I could program something to set the proper flag so it is missed by the scheduler, and then kill all running php mail sessions, etc.

• This still doesn't exist? Wow. Yikes. Amazon implemented a pretty cool API for managing automatic sending not to hit bounce rates and get your account suspended. Pretty key feature. Come on, Ben! Charge us extra, make it a paid add-on, whatever, make us pay first to develop it. Just don't leave us hanging.

• +1111 on this feature that should be standard since v 1.0.

WHY can´t this be fixed and WHY doesn´t Ben reply on this with a ETA for the fix?!

• Buy the world's best car!

Please note a small detail; there is no brake...

• Hi Ben, Is it possible to use pause 5 seconds after every mail >> sleep (5); within while loop in php script that is used for picking individual address from MySQL database and sending ?

• Vote Up0Vote Down steve_gsteve_g

Wow, nearly 6 years since this was first raised and still nothing.

Another +1 for this feature.

• Vote Up0Vote Down 8vasa88vasa8

My post will not help probably but 1+

• I just had this happened to me! I created a campaign by mistake, I deleted it, and it still sent. Tons of angry emails because I sent the same email twice in a day. I had no clue that deleting the campaign was not enough. I could have rebooted my server. A warning message asking me to reboot the server would have been nice.

• Vote Up0Vote Down savshukreesavshukree

Still no fix.