Skip to content

Deleted list and uploaded again

edited January 2018 in Using Sendy

Hi, i use double opt in, but i was wondering what happen if for any reason i delete the list and upload again as another list, how authentication really work, another case will be if i just send an email to unconfirmed emails that were gathered from the same system, what happened if I move and upload my list to mailchimp or any other, do I loose the authentication I got here or viceversa? could someone explain the technical details? is it really worth to have double opt in besides just to confirm the existence of the email address?

thanks

Comments

• Hi,

what happen if for any reason i delete the list and upload again as another list,

If you delete a list Sendy will have no records of which email was active, unsubscribed, bounced, marked as spam etc. So if you re-import the same or another list, Sendy will not have that deleted list to check against.

another case will be if i just send an email to unconfirmed emails that were gathered from the same system, what happened if I move and upload my list to mailchimp or any other, do I loose the authentication I got here or viceversa?

Export only ‘Active’ subscribers from Sendy, that will be the subscribers who went through the double opt-in. Then you can use it anywhere to send emails to.

Best regards,
    Ben

This discussion has been closed.