Skip to content

Message body empty when sending test email

edited April 2013 in Troubleshooting

Hi, before the update to the latest version, the test email worked perfectly, now I always get this error:

Invalid address: Message body empty

Should I roll back??

Thanks!
Antonio

Comments

• Update: I cannot even send any email, check this video, even though all the emails are approved in amazon ses, my account is in good standing, etc. I have a full list with suscribers and then when I try to send... check what happens in the following video:

http://screencast.com/t/rnYQNlPzuz

• Hi Antonio,

I can't reproduce this, I suspect some files wasn't copied over or the upgrade wasn't a complete one.

Can you re-upgrade to see if it solves the issue?

Thanks.

Ben

• edited May 2013

I am getting this error also. I am seeing two different errors.

The first is on the send page in campaign setup:
    GET http://*******.com/js/create/main.php 500 (Internal Server Error) send-to:19
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function _() in /app/www/js/create/main.php on line 25

I believe this leading to the 0 recipients because the javascript is not loading.

Secondly I have not changed my ses settings and I am seing this error when trying to send a test campaign.
    PHP Warning: SimpleEmailService::SetIdentityFeedbackForwardingEnabled(): Sender - InvalidParameterValue: Identity emails@****** is invalid. Must be a verified email address or domain.\nRequest Id: 02bb9950-b1b2-11e2-bd7a-c5977c74703c\n in /app/www/includes/helpers/ses.php on line 392, referer: http://*****/login?redirect=send-to?i=1&c=21

• Hi @platinumpixs,

You're getting Call to undefined function _() in /app/www/js/create/main.php on line 25 because gettext module is not enabled for PHP. I just checked your compatibility checklist and confirmed that. Please request your host to install gettext module for PHP.

For this PHP Warning you're getting, Identity emails@****** is invalid, your email or its domain is not verified in your SES console. You must verify either this email or its domain in your SES console. See Step 6 in Get Started Guide.

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben, no luck at all, I already installed to another directory, did a fresh install to another directoy, used a different browser, switched machine and no luck, went to connect from my nearby coffee shop and still no luck, what is the most puzzling thing is that a customer of mine could send his campaign early this morning, I am really puzzled as to why is that happening and what could the solution be?

• Do you need my login credentials Ben? let me know please, thanks!

• @adavila78 Yes, please PM me these details so I can help you take a look:

• Sendy installation URL, email and password
    • FTP credentials

Thanks!

Ben

• edited May 2013

Im having the same problem. The problem is that an external php isn't taking translations...
    Removing the _() function does the job

• Hi @federatier,

gettext module is not installed for PHP on your server. Your solution is not to modify Sendy's code but request your host to install gettext module for PHP on your server instead.

Ben

• Thanks Ben, I just sent you my installation credentials via PM

Antonio

• Hi @adavila78,

Thanks I've received it. Your issue has been identified.

gettext module is not enabled for PHP on your server:

Request your host to install gettext module for PHP and this will resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Ben

• Thanks Ben, let me work on that right now =)

Regards
    Antonio

This discussion has been closed.