Skip to content

InvalidClientTokenId error

UPDATE May 2021

If you’re getting an InvalidClientTokenId error, you’re probably using a very outdated version of Sendy.

Amazon had discontinued their old V3 API in favor of the latest V4 API (more info here).

Your outdated version of Sendy uses Amazon's deprecated V3 API. You need to update your Sendy to the latest version.

Hi Ben, I referred to this thread: https://sendy.co/forum/discussion/6940/unable-to-get-your-ses-quota-from-amazon-/p1 - and tried all three options - but wasnt able to resolve this issue.

I get this error on the left:

Error: InvalidClientTokenId 
 Your Sendy installation is unable to get your SES quota from Amazon because the 'Amazon Web Services Credentials' set in Sendy's main Settings are incorrect. You probably did not copy and pasted your IAM credentials fully or properly into the settings. Please re-do Step 5.2 and 5.3 of the Get Started Guide carefully to resolve this error.
  1. I created a IAM user and attached it to the right policy
  2. I tried deleting and re-creating AWS credentials
  3. Synced server clock with NTP from within WHM - I have a VPS.

I did the above two points 3 times.

Any other ideas to trouble shoot this?

Comments

• Hi,

Please send me the following details so I can take a look:

• Sendy installation URL, email and password
    • AWS login credentials

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Ben

• edited February 2017

[Login credentials redacted]

Thanks for looking into this.

• Hi,

I logged in to check and saw that you pasted the IAM credentials into the wrong fields. You've pasted the 'AWS Secret Access Key' into the 'AWS Access Key ID' field and vice versa.

I've re-created your IAM user and pasted them correctly into your Sendy settings and it is working.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ben

• BenBen
    edited May 2021

UPDATE May 2021

If you’re getting an InvalidClientTokenId error, you’re probably using a very outdated version of Sendy.

Amazon had discontinued their old V3 API in favor of the latest V4 API (more info here).

Your outdated version of Sendy uses Amazon's deprecated V3 API. You need to update your Sendy to the latest version.

This discussion has been closed.